Imerys Graphite & Carbon has a strong tradition and history in carbon manufacturing. Its first manufacturing operation was founded in 1908. Today, Imerys Graphite & Carbon facilities produce and market a large variety of synthetic and natural graphite powders, conductive carbon blacks and water-based dispersions of consistent high quality.
With headquarters located in Switzerland, Imerys Graphite & Carbon has an international presence with production facilities and commercial offices located in key markets around the globe. The Group's industrial and commercial activities are managed by an experienced multinational team of more than 430 employees from many countries on three continents.
Additionally, our team of Marketing and R&D specialists cooperates very closely with customers and research institutes to provide the very best advice and assists clients with today and tomorrows solutions.
Imerys Graphite & Carbon belongs to Imerys, the world leader in mineral-based specialities for industry.
Imerys' main tasks during the project will be:
- Development of optimized graphite, exfoliated graphite up to nano-structured graphite and graphene as well as other special carbons as filler for electrically and thermally conductive polymers.
- Characterization of the new carbons as well as their polymer compounds prepared on lab-scale.
The key persons involved at Imerys will be:
- Dr Raffaele Gilardi: Physicist specialized in carbon and polymer science; Head R&D Polymer Applications.
- Dr Simone Zürcher: Chemist specialized on carbon material science; Head R&D Product Development.
- Dr Daniele Bonacchi: Material Scientist, Polymer specialist; Application Development Scientist.
- Dr Sergio Pacheco: Product Development Scientist.
- Dr Michael Spahr: Specialized in electrochemistry and material science; Senior VP R&D.