Create It Real ApS is a high technology company based in Aalborg Denmark and part of Aalborg University business incubator program. Create It Real is developing and selling innovative technologies for 3D printing and automated fabrication. The team is currently composed of 4 persons developing a technology platform. Create It Real 3D printing technology is being developed around mixed expertise in electronics, robotics, precision mechanics, polymer extrusion, software development and computer graphics. The long term goal of Create It Real is to commercializiean affordable desktop 3D printer.
In the NanoMaster project, Create It Real’s role will be:
- To define the production form of the plastic (to be compatible and commercially viable) for the actual 3D printing FDM market
- To test the extrusion of the different plastic formula on FDM 3D printer technologies
- To adapt the FDM machines to make the 3D printing of those formula possible
- To 3D print references objects on which strength test could be performed for each formula
- To test the electrical property of the plastic (in the case of direct printing of electronic)
- To modify the machine and machine programming to allow 3D printing with a combination of formulas. This will allow the direct manufacturing of the 3D print coating (example: using specific coloured plastic on the surface and nano-reinforced plastic inside the part).
The skills needed to undertake these tasks come from almost 2 years of development on Fused Deposition Modeling 3D printing technology (mixed expertise in electronics, robotics, precision mechanics, polymer extrusion, software development and computer graphics), plus 5 years involvement of Create It Real director in the 3D printing community.
The main member of staff involved in the project will be:
Jeremie Pierre Gay: Project leader engineering specialized in 3D printing technology, multinational projects and the management of multicultural teams. Now starting as a young Entrepreneur, driving the Create It Real Company building 3D printer technology.